|Seminar on EU Food Safety System|
PRESS ANNOUNCEMENT - UNDP/PFF- 103/06
An initiative of the
Partnership for the Future
Programme funded by
the European Union
19-20 April 2006, Major Conference Centre, Nicosia (9.30-17.00)
The UNDP Programme “Partnership for the Future” is pleased to announce the organization of a two days seminar in Nicosia on 19 and 20 April 2006 on EU Food Safety system.
The event will aim at offering an overview of the EU food safety system answering questions such as:
• How the EU food processors and manufactures align to the EU Legislation;
• How food processing establishments in the new Member States were brought up to EU standards;
• Which EU and Member State institutions/bodies implement food safety regulations;
• How these bodies work together to ensure compliance;
• How the legislation is implemented in EU Member States (case study);
• How the EU implements controls for imports from third countries.
The seminar is meant for 30 people only from SMEs and professionals involved in the food industry.
Working language of the seminar will be English. Registration will be done on first come first served basis.
For registration, please contact by 18 April 2006 :
UNDP/UNOPS Programme Partnership for the Future
Nicosia , 27 March 2006
Location: Major Conference Center , Nicosia