A PFF- Academy initiative
Food Crisis Management
18 - 19 February 2009,9.00 to 17.00, Saray Hotel, Nicosia
The UNDP Programme “Partnership for the Future” is pleased to announce the organization of a course on food crisis management.
Customer complaints, unsatisfied food analyses results, visit from food authorities, article in a newspaper… all these are sources of a crisis. Even if you prevent them to happen, once it is here you have to know how to handle. And it is often a question of life or death. The ability to handle small- and large-scale crises also reinforces a reputation for accountability and responsibility.
The purpose of this course is to help you to understand your duties and to handle crisis by mixing experts’ explanations and experiences and cases studies.
Some of the objectives of the course:
- To understand the origin of the European legislation and European organization regarding food crisis.
- To understand the interests and benefits to have a basic Crisis Management knowledge and procedure (for middle size companies).
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of each actor.
- To increase personal awareness and review own capabilities in crisis management.
- To be able to manage a crisis situation
The course is designed for 25 participants and registration will be done on first come first serve basis. The course is free of charge. The course will be either in Turkish or in English with Turkish translation. For registration, please contact with us from the contact details below, not later than 17 February 2010.
Tel: 0392 2200027 or 0533 8440695 / E-mail:
Nicosia, 4 February 2010