|A new grant scheme to support Cypriot (SMEs) and Product/Sector-oriented Associations
PRESS RELEASE - UNDP/UNOPS/PFF-5/03
A new grant scheme to support Cypriot Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Prduct/Sector-oriented Associations
“Partnership for the Future”
A new grant scheme has been introduced by the EU funded UNDP/UNOPS Programme “Partnership for the Future (PFF)”. Its overall objective is to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs in Cyprus and to support them to obtain improved access to international markets.
The grant scheme will cover the costs of services to:
- Enterprises seeking, for example, to improve their productivity, open up new markets or develop their human resources;
- Product/Sector-oriented or professional associations seeking to improve the quality and range of their services or attract new members.
Typical projects that can be supported by the Business Support Project grant scheme are those carried out in such areas as:
- Marketing, sales promotion and distribution (including website development and e-commerce);
- Development of new markets including exports;
- Compliance with norms and regulations, especially the Acquis Communautaire;
- Certification (ISO and others);
- Quality improvementnd control;
- Operational auditing;
- Production management;
- Procurement and stock management;
- Packaging, warehousing and shipment;
- Regulatory and environmental aspects.
Associated activities that can be considered together with any of the above include:
- Human resources development;
- IT and communication capabilities;
- Attendance of trade fairs and exhibitions.
The PFF is an initiative of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), funded by the European Union (EU) and executed by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
Nicosia 4 July 2003
For more information please contact:
Mr. Giuseppe Belsito,
Business Development Adviser
Tel: ++357 22 874 752
Contact: Mr. Giuseppe Belsito