|Vacancy Announcement UNDP/PFF/02/05 - Office and Security Assistant|
Office and Security Assistant
Deadline for applications: 26 October 2005
Entry date: as soon as possible
The United Nations Development Programme – Partnership for the Future (UNDP/PFF) in Nicosia, invites applications for the position of Office and Security Assistant.
Under the responsibility of the PFF Programme Managers, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items;
2. Monitor the security systems of the UNDP/PFF premises. Ensure compliance with the UNDP Security Procedures for the protection of UNDP/PFF staff and properties;
3. Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
4. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
5. Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, and other vehicle management functions;
6. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
7. Support the senior Administrative Staff in performing Registry-related duties, such as photocopying, providing messenger services, logging and dispatching correspondence, filing and archiving, etc.
8. Ensure a continuous stock of the basic stationery and office supplies as may be required for the maintenance of the building/common premises
9. Ensure building maintenance and inventory of office assets.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Completion of secondary education, driver’s licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
At least two years of experience being involved as security officer/bodyguarding and driver/general clerical work
Fluent written and spoken English as well as Greek. Knowledge of Turkish a plus
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with a photo and a motivation letter specifying the vacancy as well as three references on-line to:
UNDP – Partnership for the Future
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 21 May 2008 )|