|Vacancy Announcement UNDP/PFF/02/07 - Packaging Specialist|
Terms of Reference
Consultancy on packaging and labeling for the UNDP Programme “Partnership for the Future” in Cyprus
Title: Packaging Specialist
The packaging expert will be requested to carry out the following duties:
* Conduct at least two awareness seminars on the acquis on food-packaging and labeling for food-related companies.
* Provide advisory services on ad-hoc basis to TC SMEs on issues related to the acquis on packaging and labeling.
* Suggest activities that could be instrumental in assisting the TC business communities in meeting the EU requirements for food packaging. Special emphasis should be placed in the design of capacity-building events and on ad-hoc assistance for a selected number of enterprises.
* Recommend other areas in packaging and labeling that should be tackled by UNDP/PFF which might be essential for increasing the level of competitiveness of local enterprises.
The packaging expert is required to prepare detailed reports on the activities he/she will carry out.
The packaging expert will report to the UNDP-PFF Programme Manager in charge of private sector development
Qualifications and experience
At least 5 years previous working experience as packaging expert
* Knowledge on EU legislation about packaging and labeling essential
* EU citizen
Language: Fluent both in written and spoken English
Knowledge of Turkish is a plus
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 21 May 2008 )|