|Vacancy Announcement UNDP/PFF/03/07 - Finance Assistant|
Deadline for application: 31 May 2007
Entry date: As soon as possible
The United Nations Development Programme – Partnership for the Future (UNDP/PFF) in Nicosia, Cyprus invites applications for the position of Finance Assistant.
Under the overall supervision of the UNDP-PFF Programme Managers, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
* Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports; preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
* Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
* Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements.
* Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
* Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and recording of deposits in Atlas.
* Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. University Degree in Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
3 to 5 years of relevant finance experience at the national or international level is required. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems, fluency in written and spoken English and Greek. Knowledge of Turkish would be an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with three reference letters and a motivation letter (specifying the vacancy) on-line to:
UNDP – Partnership for the Future
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 21 May 2008 )|