Enhancing the Development of E-commerce in the Cypriot Business Community
What is it?
This project aimed at furthering the development and use of Information Communication Technologies (ICT) in general and e-commerce in particular. The main beneficiary was the Cypriot business community.
How does it work?
UNDP/PFF assists Cypriot micro-, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) in several different ways.
* Carrying out of a running survey on e-readiness.
* Development of a private sector ICT/e-commerce strategy.
* Awareness raising activities in the public and private sectors as well as among citizens on the importance of e-commerce and ICT.
* Organizing forums, seminars and meetings designed to bring ICT companies from both communities together to exchange business opportunities.
* Implementation of a grant and consulting program aiming at assisting MSMEs in setting up valuable, long term ICT systems for both internal and external processes.
Raising the level of capacity in the ICT industry, especially with regard to e-commerce related technologies and seeing ICT from a business perspective.
How to contact us?
Mr. Ali Tuzel
UNDP Partnership for the Future
United Nations Protected Area (UNPA)
P.O. Box 21642, 1590 Nicosia, Cyprus
Tel. (+357) 22-874733 - Fax 22-874734