|Urban upgrading of villages and towns in the northern part of Cyprus|
The objectives of the EU- funded project “Upgrading of local infrastructure" - Phase I and II - implemented by UNDP-PFF in selected villages and small towns in the northern part of Cyprus - are to support the economic and social development of northern Cyprus by improving the living and environmental conditions of the villagers.
This is done by using participatory planning methods and influencing planning processes to become more community-oriented and environmentally sustainable.
The project is being carried out in fourteen small villages in the northern part of Cyprus and includes the following components:
- Upgrading and improvement of public facilities;
- Modernization of water sanitation and water supply systems;
- Restoration and modernization of the main square and/or of other historical areas/buildings;
- Upgrading of sewerage systems and improvement of waste collection systems;
- Rehabilitation of old buildings and creation of new community centres for bi-communal activities.
- Restoration and rehabilitation of traditional coffee shops
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 24 April 2013 )|