The Home Composting Specialist will undertake the following tasks working at his/her home office and in Cyprus;
1. Prepare technical specifications for home composters to be purchased by UNDP-PFF through a different supply contract;
2. Organize a seminar for selected households (and/or other local actors) in order to explain how to make compost;
3. Assist in the installation of the composters and the beginning of the filling up by the households;
4. Assist the selected households during the production of composting and assess the quality of compost produced (at least one visit every 2 weeks for a period of 4 months are foreseen);
5. Preparation of a booklet on what is the compost and how to make the best compost according to local situation (temperature, humidity, wastes, etc.). The booklet will include also explanation on how to build a handmade composter and a special plate to be set on the composter to provide visual information on what to put and what not to put inside the composter. The printing of the booklet will be done by UNDP-PFF through a separate contract.
The awareness material will be prepared in English and approved by UNDP-PFF before printing. Costs for printing and translation in Turkish language will be cover by UNDP-PFF separately.
The pilot project will be implemented in a settlement in the northern part of Cyprus. The selection of the households will be carried out during the implementation of the assignment. The timing of the specific activities will be coordinated together with UNDP-PFF.
The Home Composting Specialist will produce a Final report (in English). One copy of this report in hard copy and an electronic version shall be submitted by mail to the contact person of UNDP-PFF not later than 2 weeks after the end of the assignment. The report shall include a brief description of the activities implemented during the assignment and copy of the material produced (booklet, pictures, etc.).