– Commitments under the projects are properly closed at the end of the year;
– Projects Annual Work Plans are prepared in accordance with the UNDP regulations and Atlas budget revisions are processed on a timely manner;
– The budgets, commitments and disbursement are regularly monitored via the Atlas reports and any external reports are updated upon requirements and needs;
– During end-year closing procedures closely cooperates with the BRC and provides information upon requests;
– Coordinates and oversees implementation of Financial control mechanisms ensuring appropriate management of Petty Cash, funds replenishments, banking, VAT returns
– Monitoring the proper and transparent filing system of the supporting documents, including documents from other COs from where payments were processed;
– Communicates with the COs, Bratislava Regional Center, and RBEC NY on financial issues when needed
– Prepares financial project reports to donors on a timely and quality basis.
– Provides backstopping in the absence of Finance Staff
3. Ensures efficient and cost-effective procurement and logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Effective and transparent procurement and purchase of goods and services in accordance with the UNDP rules and regulations;
– Management of long-term agreements (LTAs);
– Asset and inventory records of all procurement items are in accordance with the UNDP Asset Management Rules;
– Travel services and related payments to the project staff and other parties are provided on an efficient and timely manner;
4. Coordinates smooth functioning of the General Administration, while focusing on achievement of the following results:
– The vehicle log is maintained in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations and the maintenance of the vehicle is ensured on a regular bases;
– The UNDP security rules are implemented in a full scale;
– The IT and telecommunication equipment are fully functional and maintained
– Maintains filling system and when applicable intranet
5. Ensures co-ordination with Bratislava for Human Resources, while focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Ensures proper Human Resources management focusing on compliance with corporate Human Resources policies and strategies
6. Information & Communication Management
– Compliance of ICT infrastructure with Office of Information Systems and Technology (OIST) standards.
– Implementation of ICT strategies and introduction/implementation of new technologies.
– Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
– Web-site maintenance and update
7. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the PFF Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Training of staff on ATLAS and procurement /administrative procedures
– Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Performs other functions and tasks as required