Under the overall supervision of the UNDP Partnership for the Future Programme Manager, he/she shall provide daily supervision of restoration / construction activities, shall liaise regularly with project staff of UNDP-PFF to ensure smooth support for the project and shall be accountable for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Supervising construction works on site
- Ensuring the correct implementation of the works according to technical specifications, to designs and quality of materials
- Checking and testing of completed works before they are covered by the contractor, taking photos
- Ensuring that the site is adequately protected
- Ensuring that health and safety measures are adopted and followed
- Study and verify quantities of works done and provide a report to UNDP-PFF
- Provide an assessment of any variation to UNDP-PFF for approval
- Assist in the preparation of provisional acceptance and snag list
- Maintain a filing system for all site memos and instructions, measured quantities of work and materials on site, reports and other documents and correspondence pertaining to the construction activities
- Co-ordination of site meetings with the Contractor
- Informing UNDP – PFF of any problem which may arise with the Contractor
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
The activities will be implemented at the project site and at the office of the site architect / engineer.
The site architect/engineer will work at his own office or on site.
Traveling to and from the project sites will be included in the fees, as well as any other incidental and reporting costs. The consultant will use his/her own computer.