|Vacancy Announcement UNDP/PFF/06/07 - Project Architect|
Vacancy Announcement UNDP/PFF/06/07
Deadline for application: 30 December 2007
Entry date: January 2008
Click here for the Terms of Reference
Interested candidates should submit their CVs with a cover letter on-line to:
UNDP-Partnership for the Future
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
TERMS OF REFERENCE
With funding from the European Union, the Project “Upgrading of the Urban and Local Infrastructure” is implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), “Programme Partnership for the Future (
This assignment is for the position of Project Assistant. He/she will be providing giving assistance in project management for any of the projects but mainly the upgrade and rehabilitation projects. He/she will assist in the project preparation of any projects assigned to him/her.
He/she will be able to administer projects from inception through implementation.
To achieve the scope of the position the architect will carry out, inter alia, and under the supervision of the Programme Manager the following tasks;
· Assist in the project administration of assigned projects
· Assist in project preparation from inception to development
· Prepare reviews of each assigned project
· Review architectural drawings and report on the drawings
· Review and report on overall project architectural aspects · Prepare tender documents as assigned
· Prepare outreach materials on projects
· Keep database of all drawings and details
· Keep database of all the project related visual material
· Make periodic project supervision visits to project sites
· Report on each visit
· Tasks that may be assigned by the programme manager for any outreach publicity and related activities, as well as related tasks for assistance in other projects
· Prepare monthly records of activities of each month
Commencement date and Period of Execution
The assignment is expected to commence on 7January 2008 and shall be completed by 31 December 2008. It is expected that on average 22 days per month will be worked.
These TOR are for a technical background preferably an architect or related discipline to carry out the activities listed in section 2.2 as per the following minimum requirements:
· Degree in a technical discipline or degree related to the tasks;
· Membership of the relevant professional chamber
· At least 5 years of post education experience;
· Experience in urban upgrading and rehabilitation projects;
· Experience in working for projects funded by international community;
· Proven experience in the use of software for technical drawings;
· Fluent in English and Turkish.
· Good analytical and drafting skills are required.
· The presentation of the concepts in PowerPoint
· Preferably EU Citizen.
· Knowledge of relevant EU Acquis Communautaire
· Display of cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
· Analyzes problems carefully and logically leading to fact-based and practical recommendations
· He/she will carry out periodic supervision of projects and prepare reports.
Projects are devised to be implemented in the three main towns, some smaller municipalities, some villages as pilot projects in the sectors of infrastructure, urban and village rehabilitation and improvement of the built environment.
|Last Updated ( Wednesday, 21 May 2008 )|